James Toney lost a close decision to Sam Peter and dropped a spot to third at Heavyweight. This loss also dropped him out of the pound for pound ratings, allowing Sugar Shane Mosley to move in at tenth. Also in the current pound for pound ratings,
Marco Antonio Barrera beat Rocky Juarez again, soundly this time, and moved into second. He also moved into the number one spot All-Time at Super Feather. Jorge Rodrigo Barrios moved up to Lightweight where he lost to Joan Guzman. He was, however, able to take the spot vacated by Jesus Chavez, who lapsed into inactivity. Barrios's move also allowed Humberto Soto to move into the Super Feather ratings and Kevin Kelley to move into the fifth spot All-Time. Johnny Tapia lapsed into inactivity at Feather, allowing Scott Harrison to move into the ratings.
Jhonny Gonzalez moved up to Super Bantam where he lost to #1 Israel Vazquez. But, he did move in at 3 in the current ratings and 2 in the all-time ratings, displacing Al Seeger and Clarence Adams. That also allowed Fernando Montiel (whose last fight was a loss to Gonzalez) to move into the current and All-Time ratings at Bantam. Medgoen Singsurat moved down to Super Fly to defeat unknown Jonathan Gonzales. He bumped Jair Jimenez and Harold Grey out of the ratings. Kermin Guardia moved up to Flyweight where he entered the All-Time ratings, bumping Vic Darchinyan. This allowed Jose Antonio Aguirre to move into the current Lt. Fly ratings and Ulises Solis to move into the All-Time Lt. Fly ratings. In the All-Time Ratings, Joe Louis,
on the strength of new entries, moved into the number one spot at Heavy and the number two spot in pound for pound.
John Henry Lewis also moved into fourth at Lt. Heavy, displacing Tommy Loughran.What to Watch For:
Oct. 7 Nikolay Valuev
vs. Monte Barrett (#1 Heavy, #7 Lb. 4 Lb. vs. Unranked) HBOOct. 14 Mikkel Kessler vs. Markus Beyer (#2 Super Middle vs. #4)
Oct. 14 Joe Calzaghe vs. Saiko Bika (#1 Super Middle, #3 Lb. 4 Lb. vs Unranked) HBO
Oct. 7 Diego Corrales vs. Joel Casamayor (#3 Light vs. Unranked) Showtime
Oct. 21 Daniel Ponce De Leon vs. Al Seeger (#2 Super Bantam vs. Unranked)
Oct. 7 Vic Darchinyan vs. Glenn Donaire (#3 Fly vs. Unranked) Showtime
Oct. 21 Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Jimrex Jaca (#1 Feather vs. Unranked)
Oct. 14 Ivan Calderon vs. Jose Luis Varela (#1 Minimum vs. Unranked)
Oct. 21 Mario Veit vs. Denis Inkin (#3 Super Middle vs Unranked)
Oct. 6 Oscar Larios vs. Unknown (#4 Super Bantam vs. Unranked)

3 comments:
Man I'd hate to be sitting in my corner and look over and see that Russian in the other corner.
Looks like a lot of ranked vs. unranked matches this month.
I remain more interested in the Heavyweight division than in any other, despite its sorry reputation. What about you?
I really have a hard time defining my interests. I can enjoy any fight I watch. Usually, I find myself more excited for bigger fights, but I have a hard time saying a "like" a particular boxer more than another. I do really like Emmanuel Augustus, but he is only slightly better than a journeyman. He dances and shows out in the ring though, and he has decent skills, so he's fun to watch. I like guys like De La Hoya, Calzaghe, Lacy, Mosley, Mayweather, etc. but maybe just because I know them and they are good. As for divisions, I generally think the range between light and middle provide the most exciting fights, but I am probably more interested in the fate of heavyweights.
Post a Comment