
I give this a wobbly thumbs up. I really wanted to like this movie. Unfortunately, it was not very good. The theater where I saw it with Lisa was awful. The sound was terrible, and as this was a musical, that was a major problem. We were almost unable to hear the lyrics of the first couple of songs at all. I love Outkast. I think Andre Benjamin is a pretty decent actor for a musician. I also think Antwon Patton has done well enough in the roles I have seen him in, though they have not been varied. There were lots of other names in the picture, and some of them were decent enough, but the story was very raggedy. Lots of jumps, lots of odd bits and pieces. I liked the music that I did hear, and I expect I will try to rent it when it comes out on DVD so that I can listen to all of the songs on good speakers. I think Lisa put it best, though, when she described it as a pretty decent very long music video. But not a very good movie. Still, though, I like Outkast and I enjoyed myself.

3 comments:
See not movies in bad theaters, bro.
Speaking of musical thumbs, I'll give an up to Corinne Bailey Ray who was the musical guest on Saturday Night Live last week ( a Norah Jones-clone from Leeds). I think that may have been the first episode I can remember in which I liked the music better than the sketches (I freely admit that I'm suffering from Chris Parnell withdrawal symptoms.)
Oops, that's "Rae." Corinne Bailey Rae.
He had to see this one in a bad theater because it was the only theater left. My bad, as I had cancelled a date to see this movie with him approximately 3 times before we finally made it. It was a bad theater. HORRIBLE sound. and since sound was the best thing going for this movie, that was a major drawback.
Post a Comment