Wednesday, September 13, 2006

FCD vs. Houston

This was a big game. We had just come off a four game losing streak where we had not scored a goal. We had not beaten Houston this year at 0-2-1, with the only tie coming in the other home game. Houston was looking good and trying to move up the standings and knock us out of first. We needed something good. Houston looked pretty good for most of the game. They got some good chances, we got a couple, but the ball was predominantly in the middle of the field, neither team able to punch it home. It went this way for almost the whole game. It looked like another scoreless tie. But then, out of nowhere, in the 86th minute, I saw the video game move. Guy gets it in the middle of the field, almost behind all of the defenders. He holds as long as possible and at the perfect moment, plays Arturo Alvarez into space behind the defense and Alvarez buries it in the back of the net. FCD wins, FCD wins. Our position in first reestablished. Playoffs are on the horizon with fewer than ten games left on the schedule. Next up, Chivas Sept. 13.

7 comments:

Steve said...

Arturo Alvarez was born in Houston on June 28th, 1985 (the year I graduated from Stuttgart High).

Clash of the Titans was the birthday movie of '81 and Dragnet was the birthday movie of '87. Anyone have a guess what the birthday movie of '85 was? Or if there was one?

ervierto said...

85... My guess would be something like To Sleep With Anger. But I don't know.

Steve said...

Nope. To Sleep was '90. And I think you may have seen it on video? (I wasn't there.)

lisa said...

Brian had a couple of birthdays with grandmom. I'm remembering a picture from one (probably about that time) where he's in a restaurant (in galveston?) with a white panama jack hat on and a turquoise shirt with white suspenders. What a fashion stud. I think I was in Fort Worth during B's birthday that year, babysitting mike and julie.

ervierto said...

That was the TGI Friday;s here by Hulen Mall. And I don't remember the year. Anger was on video. Maybe there was noi movie in 85...

Steve said...

Why you just give us the list, as we know it, of the birthday movies?

lisa said...

here here.
or is it hear hear.
either way, i want the list too.