Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hollywoodland


I give this a Wobbly Thumbs Up. I enjoyed myself. I thought Dianne Lane was very good, maybe a darkhorse Beeb candidate (though she did have one iffy moment). I thought Adrien Brody was good. I thought Ben Affleck was average, much like he usually is. But I like him, so that was ok with me. I felt like the story line did not quite track occassionally. There were times when the timeline was a little confusing, but not so bad as to make it impossible to follow. I was a little disappointed with the ending. I like things tied up in some way and this did not tie anything up. George Reeves death is one of the biggest unsolved deaths in Hollywood because it is unsolved. This movie did not solve it. But, I enjoyed watching it anyway. Not great, but decent.

3 comments:

lisa said...

you forgot to mention the crush you have on diane lane.
i saw ben affleck on the daily show recently and was not impressed. I think he's bland.

Steve said...

I don't think Jon Stewart does good celebrity interviews.

ervierto said...

You may be right about Jon. But, I think he is good with his other interviews. As for Diane Lane, I didn't think I needed to.