Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Illusionist


I give this one a Thumbs Up. I liked it. I like Edward Norton and thought he did a good job. There were moments when he seemed to being a bit much, but genereally I liked his performance. I thought Paul Giamatti did well in a role that was a bit different for him. I liked the story and the twists and turns it took. I was reminded of Confidence, another movie that seemed to fly under the radar that I liked. I liked it that the movie left some things up in the air, It did not reveal the magician's secrets. I think it will be interesting to compare this to The Prestige, another magic movie coming out soon. All in all, I thought it was good.

4 comments:

lisa said...

You always like Ed Norton. I think you have a soft spot for him. I don't think I will see this movie, as akid and I have seen so few movies this year--I hate to see only lukewarm movies.

Steve said...

I have higher expectations of The Prestige.

I dig Ed Norton, but I don't think he has starred in a single film that I could give a strong thumbs up.

While we're on the subject of fictions centering on 19th century illusionist, I wish someone would read Dr. Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark and give me a book report on it. I don't have time to read it myself.

ervierto said...

You might ask Lyndsae. I am pretty sure she finished it, I know she was reading it. I think she liked it.

Steve said...

So, Lyndsae, how about a book report?