Tuesday, September 19, 2006

FC Dallas vs. Chivas

Well, the late season slide we ran into last year seems to be returning. This was not a pretty game. It was the first game I went to by myself. It was a Wednesday night and all of my usual co-attendees were busy or unable to be out late on a school night. There was a decent crowd at the game though, and I got my corn, so I was OK. FC Dallas played poorly. They were unable to deal with the pressure applied by Chivas. They never could get the ball to the feet of their forwards and they were often forced into bad touches by the Chivas defense. It was not pretty. Hopefully we can get around on this. We miss Roberto Mina, who is still out with an injury. Chivas was able to score one early on a rebound off a ball that was not played well by Dario Sala. The real guy that stuck out with his bad play though, was Marcelo Saragosa, a mid-season addition from LA who was really bad. His passes were very inaccurate. Oh well, I guess everybody gets a bad night now and then. We're still in first place in the conference. Next up, Real Salt Lake.

14 comments:

Steve said...

Roberto Mina was born on November 7, 1984 in Guayaquil, Ecuador. I guess he played for Ecuador in the World Cup?

Steve said...

I guess not.

ervierto said...

Nope, the only FC Dallas player that did play in the World Cup was not a member of the team until afterwards. That would be Shaka Hislop who played keeper for Trinidad and Tobago. He is something like 36 and went to Howard.

lisa said...

I went out with a guy once who lived in trinidad and tobago for a year. only he lived in trinidad. he lived there for a year. i went out with him for a year and a half. anyone remember who i am talking about?

Steve said...

Chris Somebody.

Steve said...

Irv.

Steve said...

Doyle.

Steve said...

Derek Walcott.

lisa said...

Lee

ervierto said...

Well, I was thinking Steve Carpenter... but you didn't go out with him that long. Same for my second guess JT. So then, I decided it must have been the Andrew guy from DC. Guess I should have checked earlier.

Steve said...

Matt, the teacher's son from Stuttgart?

Steve said...

The guy from Boston?

lisa said...

LEE--he learned how to play the steel drum there and had a set of steel drums at his house.
Andrew was gay.
Well, in retrospect, i suppose they all were, but Andrew was gay at the time I knew him.
well i suppose they all were, but Andrew knew he was gay.
well . . .
you get the idea.

rnr said...

I love the crazy twists and turns of blogging.