Thursday, February 16, 2006
Steak
So, I have a question. As part of our Valentine's celebration (the part that did not include Firewall) Lyndsae and I went to The Keg, a steak restaurant (chain?) here in town. In their list of ways to cook the meat, rare, medium, etc., they included two things I had never heard before. One, "Blue Rare", described as cool throughout, blue, seemed like maybe they took it out of the plastic at your table. The other, though, was right up my alley. You could order the inside of the steak however you wanted it (in my case Medium Well, though I might be able to slide to Medium with this one), but then they char the outside. And I do mean char. It was outstanding. They called it Chicago. So I ordered "Medium Well Chicago". It was outstanding. I absolutely loved it. My question though, is this. Has anyone else ever heard of this? Is that the kind of thing I could ask for at any steak place, or would they look at me like I was nuts? Is "Chicago" a term invented by The Keg, or do other places use it? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
no se dude. i never heard of it until you told me about it. but i love eating out with you when you do boobalicious things like a order a steak cooked in a way no one's ever heard of so if you think to try it out somewhere beside the keg, let me be there.
i have heard of a blue rare steak. gross.
Never heard of "Blue Rare" (steak tartare, yes) or "Chicago-style" steaks, though I haven't had many steaks here in Chicago. I did not catch the "Beuller? Beuller?" pop reference, either. I like a bloody steak, but I'd be more interested in ordering a "Chicago" steak than a "blue rare" one.
the charred part sounds delicious, count me in next time.
Beuller? Beuller?
In Ferris Beuller's Day Off, in one of his classes, his teacher (played by Ben Stein?) is calling roll and says "Beuller?"
"Beuller?"
"Beuller?"
A million times over in Ben Stein's droning voice.
I think
Thanks!
Correct on the Beuller Beuller.
I know I'm late in this discussion but I've never heard of Blue RAre or chicago style steaks. Honestly, I love all meat and since during pregnancy and nursing they don't recommend eating uncooked meats, I know eat meat in more ways than before.
I'll ask some of my chicago friends though, and I'll let you know.
Post a Comment