
I give this movie a Bad. I don't think it was horrible. Prior to seeing it, Lisa told me it was The Hunted bad. I don't think it quite sunk to that level, though there were moments of unintentional comedy that led me to laugh out loud. (Retrospectively, the entire performance of the secretary, who could barely many to change her facial expressions, might qualify as unintentional comedy, but her final look as the family walks over the hill actually made me laugh out loud.) Many many ludicrous actions. In fact, I don't think there is much that can be said about this one, it was just bad. Maybe the only thing saving it from horrible is teh fact that I do like Harrison Ford. Which can no longer be said about Tommy Lee. So, there you have it. Stay away!

6 comments:
huh. i still like tommy lee, even though he was in the hunted. and i think i don't like harrison ford now. if you compare tommy lee jones' performance in the hunted with harrison ford's performance in firewall, i think you will find them very similarly two too old men trying to do movies they did awhile ago. the question is: how does sean connery pull of the virility required to do this kind of shoot-em-up when the other two dudes failed so miserably?
AND if you really want to see someone do this right, you should see the matador. pierce brosnan has IT.
In my book, no actor can overcome a bad movie. And a lot of the time I don't think can actor can know whether a movie will be bad before he or she chooses to be in it. On the other hand, there are some actors who ruin any scene they are in. Kiefer Sutherland is one of those actors for me.
I laughed out loud on more than one occasion during this movie.
Steve, even "Stand By Me?" I have decided not to comment about Firewall, even though I recognized all the bad things about this "thriller" as they occurred, including the improbability/impossibility that they would have let the dog live and then take the dog with them. I still like Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones is a favorite. I especially liked him as the mad bomber in "Blown Away." I guess I have commented in spite of my resolve not to do so.
I think Tommy Lee plays the same guy every time (though I also said this about George Clooney recently I like the guy George Clooney plays). In addition to the Hunted, he also made The Missing, which blew, and he was in that ridiculous cheerleading movie with Ced the Entertainer. And, he was bad in Space Cowboys, which was better than The Hunted and The Missing, but still. Yes, I recognize that lots of people like him. I, however, have no use for him.
I've not seen any of the TLJ movies you mentioned except "The Missing" which was soooo bad. I'll skip the others. Did you see and not like Keifer Sutherland's performance in "Stand By Me"? It's one of my all-time favorite movies and one of the only ones where Keifer Sutherland impressed me.
Post a Comment