
I give this one an OK. I thought Julianne Moore was very good. She seemed to play against type as a vaguely stupid, poor woman in utter shock. She was very believable. Samuel Jackson played the same guy he always plays (somewhere between George Clooney's good and Tommy Lee Jones's bad, SJ is appropriate sometimes and not others). Edie Falco was OK, but not really overtly noticeable. The story was not very good though. I am not sure why. It just didn't seem to mesh for me. I couldn't figure out what the message was. I guess maybe it was about how the actions of a couple of people can set off racial tensions, but I didn't really see it. I think they needed to do a little more to flesh out the story. Unless it was just a Mom dealing with a kidnapping story, in which case it could have been a short instead of a feature film. Maybe I should move it to OK-, but that isn't really there, so, there you have it.

2 comments:
I've heard elsewhere that Julianne Moore is good in this. I've also heard that Edie Falco is really good. But the consensus seems to be that the movie itself is not. So, though when I first saw the trailer last summer, I thought it might be worth seeing, I don't think I will now.
I agree with both these comments. I'm more of a Samuel Jackson fan, but thought this certainly wasn't his best work. I enjoyed Edie Falco very much (I've never seen her before that I know of.) I didn't believe the movie was realistic, nor very believable, and the characters weren't properly motivated. I agree with OK-
Post a Comment