
I give this one an OK, though I probably would give it an OK + if that existed. I thought the story was good (screenplay by Emma Thompson). I also liked the acting of the children. And, I usually think Colin Firth does a good job. I thought Emma Thompson was OK, though she was distractingly difficult to look at, which was a shame, since she can be quite fetching. If you like that sort of thing. All in all, I thought it was pretty well put together. Angela Lansbury was good and looked remarkably like an animted character. Good makeup for her. Olivia said she liked it (she saw it with Lyndsae the other day), but I am surprised by that. I did not seem that fun for kids. But, I'm glad I saw it.

6 comments:
I think I'll skip this one. Please define "that sort of thing," though. You make it sound like a fetish . . .
Older? maybe? not classically beautiful? maybe? I just think she's pretty sometimes.
Born in 1959, Emma is the same age as Sade, Marcia Gay Harden, Linda Cohn, and Patricia Clarkson. All these women are eight years older than I am. And I am eight years older than you!
i think emma is attractive . . .
I think Emma Thompson is interesting, attractive if not beautiful, and very, very talented. I would pay to see anything she is in, and would overlook many flaws in the production in order to see her. She is one of the actors, along with ex Kenneth Brannagh(sp), who are in my favorite movie scene of all time - I'll replay it over and over - from "Much Ado About Nothing."
Haley loved "Nanny McPhee" and so did I. Brian, did Olivia? (I'm not saying it was critically good, just enjoyable, willing-to-accept-flaws good.) I was a little disappointed in Colin Firth's weak character.
Post a Comment