Friday, February 10, 2006
Mister Tony is in the house!
Rather than wait for this to make an appearance on another sporting blog of note, I decided to go ahead and comment myself. The announcement for the Monday night team was recently announced and I have to say I am thrilled. I think Tirico is very good. I like watching him. I hate Theisman. Oh well, he's better than McGuire and we already knew about him anyway. But, I LOVE Tony Kornheiser. I do not watch PTI except occasionally. However, when he had a radio show, I listened every day. I think he is very intelligent and very funny. I can' t wait. (I was also excited when I heard about Dennis Miller. This was before he took a stunning and inexplicable turn to the right. And, come to think of it, I did watch MNF more often because he was on, and I liked him.) Needless to say, I will be watching a little bit more MNF than I used to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'd prefer Michael Wilbon as a replacement for Theismann. I think Kornheiser will be good, though, and I'm glad Mike Patrick and Paul McGuire are history. If I could fire anyone from TV, though, it would be Al Michaels. Did you hear that James Brown is moving from Fox to CBS, where he will replace Greg Gumbel on the studio show? Now all CBS has to do is get rid of Shannon Sharpe, Boomer Esiason and Dan Marino.
I did hear that about JB. I wonder what will become of the FOX pregame?
As for Wilbon, that would be fine. I hate Theeseman. But, we knew about him already.
I listened to Tony's show every day too. I miss it. I even got one of my emails read there. It killed!
we'll watch mnf as much as we ever do, which is every mn, thank you very much. but i am greatly relieved that madden and michaels are gone. but i can't stand theesman. ugh. i hope tony can pull the commentary up from where theesman will inevitably bring it down.
Post a Comment