Thursday, February 09, 2006

Match Point


I give this one a Good. I really liked the performance by Jonathan Rhys-Myers. I also thought Scarlet Johanneson was good. I thought it played with the idea of the lucky bounce very well. I also left the theater thinking about the road that Rhys-Myers traveled. It was kind of a continuing journey of small steps. It's like well, I could see myself doing that... yeah, I could see that, too... and then you end up at that final step and would I have ended up there? How far do you go to cover up your lies? Very interesting. I really liked thinking about these issues.

2 comments:

Steve said...

The one false step in this film for me was when Jonathan's character met Scarlett's character at the ping pong table. I thought they fell into it too fast.

ervierto said...

I felt like she was acting very strangely for someone who had a fiance. But I thought he was just a guy on the prowl.