Monday, February 27, 2006

Running Scared

I give this one an OK. It was definitely violent. It was definitely gory, sometimes gratuitously so. There was some unneeded nakedness. (Or is that an oxymoron?) And I did feel like it was a bit rough at times. I cannot imagine my brother or his wife having anything good to say about this movie at all. Nevertheless, I sort of found it a fun ride. If watching a guy get hit in the head with a hockey puck or have his ear bitten off can be considered fun. So, if your tastes run similar to, say, Mike, who saw it with me and enjoyed it with me, then this might be the movie for you. If you belong to the art house crowd, however, I don't reccommend it.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I wonder if you think I wouldn't like it because of its goriness.

A short list of gory movies I remember liking:
1) Reservoir Dogs;
2) Oldboy (for which Min-Sik Choi has been nominated for a Best Actor Steve this year).

There are some crowds I'd be happy to be associated with (the Bush-hating crowd, the Dallas-Cowboy-loving crowd), but art house crowds aren't one of them.

ervierto said...

Not the goriness, but I think there is a bit of Proud to be an American to it. Not extremely overt (that I recall at this moment) but there nonetheless. As for the art house crowd, I would say you like art house movies, not the crowd, like we loved the Trilogy screening, but did not want to be associated with teh costumed folks.