Thumbs Up. I really liked this movie. I almost give it a way up. I wouldn't be surprised if it got nominated for a beeb. I really liked the music and I really enjoyed the characters. I thought John C. Reilly and Woody Harrelson were hilarious. I thought they stole the show. I thought Meryl Streep was great. She may get nominated for a beeb. I really liked it that although Streep and Lily Tomlin were not trained singers, they sang very well. It was very real. I thought there were some interesting ideas about death, from the death of the show, the death of the old guy, the angel, the girl and her suicide poetry. I thought Kevin Kline was a very funny bumbler. I thought the show mechanics were cool, GK doing the commercials, the sound effects guy, the show musicians. All of that stuff was cool, and taken from the real show. I would like to get the soundtrack. I really liked this movie.
Friday, June 23, 2006
A Prairie Home Companion
Thumbs Up. I really liked this movie. I almost give it a way up. I wouldn't be surprised if it got nominated for a beeb. I really liked the music and I really enjoyed the characters. I thought John C. Reilly and Woody Harrelson were hilarious. I thought they stole the show. I thought Meryl Streep was great. She may get nominated for a beeb. I really liked it that although Streep and Lily Tomlin were not trained singers, they sang very well. It was very real. I thought there were some interesting ideas about death, from the death of the show, the death of the old guy, the angel, the girl and her suicide poetry. I thought Kevin Kline was a very funny bumbler. I thought the show mechanics were cool, GK doing the commercials, the sound effects guy, the show musicians. All of that stuff was cool, and taken from the real show. I would like to get the soundtrack. I really liked this movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Two thoughts on death and a Prairie Death Companion:
1. Remember this exchange?
Lola Johnson: What if you die some day?
Garrison Keillor: I will die.
Lola Johnson: Don't you want people to remember you?
Garrison Keillor: I don't want them to be told to remember me.
Steve: Eulogies aren't commands, Garrison.
2. In giving a prominent role to death, the film also gave a prominent role to life and the importance of living it to the fullest—not in a reckless, out-in-a-blaze-of-glory kind of way, but in an appreciate-the-simple-pleasures kind of way. Thornton Wilder’s Our Town has a similar message. I dig it.
Which reminds me of Final Cut, a movie starring Robin Williams that I recently happened onto on my television. Seen it?
DA
I have, though it fails to stir the memory significantly. Robin Williams arranges memories of dead people to create eulogies.
Post a Comment