
I give this one an OK. I enjoyed the story, it was a bit of fun. I don't particularly like Michael Douglas or Kiefer Sutherland, but I also don't hate them. I can imagine that someone who likes either of them a lot would really enjoy this movie. There was certainly more Douglas than Sutherland, but there was enough of both to annoy both of Chicago relatives. I really liked an underused Kim Basinger. Having read a small bit about her style in EW, I noticed it very much and really liked her outfits. They were really cool looking suits. Having said that, I guess the fact that I was paying attention to a supporting characters first lady suits might suggest that the action was a bit flat. But, it was not, there were plenty of chases and such to keep me going. There were bits of absurdity (Michael Douglas as superspy?), but all in all it was ok.

1 comment:
For the record: I am not the Chicago relative who hates Michael Douglas. I thought he was great in War of the Roses (1989) and Wall Street (1987).
Though she was in one of my favorite films, L.A. Confidential , Kim Basinger is, if anything, overused, though I confess that I have never really focused on her suits. I've always had a hard time matching her up with Alec Baldwin (who is one of the all-time great Saturday Night Live hosts).
Post a Comment