Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Rangers Vs. Twins

As a character qualities All-Star for Meadowcreek Elementary in Crowley ISD, Olivia got a free ticket to the Rangers Game on Crowley ISD night. So, I was glad to accompany her. We went straight from picking her up at Children's Courtyard (I was coming from a meeting with the house people) and ended up getting there a little bit late. But, we were not worried about it. We got tickets a little up the line and behind first base, out of the sun. They were perfect. Our seats were on row eight, but we decided to sit on row fourteen instead, as there were a lot of people near our actual seats. We grabbed a couple of ice cream cones and for most of the second inning, we were paying more attention to making sure we didn't drip on ourselves than the game. But by the third, we had settled in to watch the game. And a fine game it was. Koronka was on the bump for the Rangers and he pitched well and quickly despite some early control problems. The Rangers got on the board with some good hitting and held on to the lead. Akinori Otsuka came in for the save and got it, despite a wee bit of trouble. We both enjoyed oursleves a lot. We chanted let's go Mench (Olivia wondered why nobody else got their name on the board like that, but we later saw and chanted let's go Hank) . Olivia seemed amazed every time we caught a routine outfield popup, like how in the world could they have caught that ball from so far away. We saw one of her friends from Dallas Park that she hadn't seen since her birthday and that was fun. She watched people on the Kiss Cam, and noticed all of the Rangers pcitures and read their names when they came up to bat. We watched with excitement as one of our Dots won the dot race. We cheered heratily during the Rangers Taco inning and were quite pleased when they scored to give us each a free taco. We stayed til the end and chanted one more out, got it, and went home happy. At least I was happy, I assume Olivia was also dreaming pleasant dreams.

3 comments:

lisa said...

sounds like a perfect night. wish we could have pulled the trigger on joining yall.

Steve said...

I saw this game on ESPN and I guessed that the result was positive based on your post-game mood.

I love the Kiss Cam.

I request a photo: of both of you at the game (a Kiss Cam moment?), or one of you at the game, or of a Ranger moment from the game. And I look forward to more of these date blogs in the fu-cha!

rnr said...

Brian, sorry I don't comment much on your site because I don't know much about current events in sports. I know Y.A. Tittle and all those boys, but other than the Longhorn team, I'm deep in the dark part of the forest.

From what I've seen and read you are very knowledgeable up to date. I may start watching the Titans, if I have time and am at home.