I give this a shameful Wobbly Thumbs Down. I can't say that there was anything particularly wrong with this movie. But there was no reason for me to see it. I am a big fan of actors. Typically in my comments about movies, I talk about the actors. Sometimes, if the movie has a really good message, I factor that in too. But generally speaking, I'm an actor driven fellow. I don't particularly like Uma Thurman. And, I'm not such a big fan of Luke Wilson, though I have enjoyed him from time to time. This was not a good movie for him, though. I do like Rainn Wilson and he was predictably funny. Not as good as the Office, but good. I guess I could say that if you are more of a movie driven type than an actor driven type, or if you like Uma Thurman, this movie is not noticeably different from other Romantic Comedies of its ilk. But I certainly did not need to see this movie. I will hold to the notion that it would have been better than You, Me, and Dupree, which I did not pick.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
I give this a shameful Wobbly Thumbs Down. I can't say that there was anything particularly wrong with this movie. But there was no reason for me to see it. I am a big fan of actors. Typically in my comments about movies, I talk about the actors. Sometimes, if the movie has a really good message, I factor that in too. But generally speaking, I'm an actor driven fellow. I don't particularly like Uma Thurman. And, I'm not such a big fan of Luke Wilson, though I have enjoyed him from time to time. This was not a good movie for him, though. I do like Rainn Wilson and he was predictably funny. Not as good as the Office, but good. I guess I could say that if you are more of a movie driven type than an actor driven type, or if you like Uma Thurman, this movie is not noticeably different from other Romantic Comedies of its ilk. But I certainly did not need to see this movie. I will hold to the notion that it would have been better than You, Me, and Dupree, which I did not pick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks. I have a whole bunch of things I rather do in those two hours.
I like Uma Thurman (middle name "Karuna"), although Pulp Fiction is probably the only film she has been in that I really liked.
The You, Me, and Dupree scenario sounds more promising to me than the Super Ex- scenario, and I think Owen is more likely as a comic lead than Luke, so I might have gone the Dupree route, if given the choice.
What's the difference between digging actors and digging characters?
Actors are the people who play characters, characters are the people played by actors. I can like Denzell Washington and think he played a character well, but think the character was one-dimensionally written and flawed. I can also like a character, but not like teh person playing it.
Post a Comment