
I give this one a thumbs up. I don't really understand how people can think global warming doesn't exist. I also have a hard time getting into a panic about it. I don't think we are so stubborn that we will let the world die rather than change our behavior. I think this movie did a really good job of getting me stirred up to change. I did go to the website www.climatecrisis.net. I did find some things that I could do to help reduce global warming gases. I did talk about the movie with other people afterwards. I do wish everybody would see it, just to bring the issue back to the forefront. I thought the movie was well done. But, I am not worried by it. But that's just me.

5 comments:
good comments brian.
my reaction to the movie review on "Ma Movie Blog" was to analize the problem of making that a movie instead of a straight documentary.
for eg., everyone has defining moments in his life. I certainly have and when I get my Blog back I'll reveal a couple.
One defining moment in Gores life was his son and I think he effectively, maybe not very effectively, used that trajedy to explain part of his motivation to play superman and try to save the earth.
Whether one believes in global warming or not is not so important as getting ahead of the curve if it is. What if us skeptics are wrong? Hmmm, echoes of the domino theory.
I once heard the loco Jim Bob say that fanatics have an answer for everything. I try to remember that every day of my life. Some will believe aliens are landing, some think overpopulation is "population rich" while there are those of us who choose to think for themselves and do the research.
What I think is not important. What I do is important and at this point I feel like a very small animal and do nothing but wait in my hole for some mysterious creature to stick a carrot down in it and try to ignore the small animals that mysteriously dissappear.
There is some intreaging information coming from the ice cores coming out of Greenland. I bet you'd find that interesting.
At any rate, warming or not, I have new and greater respect for Mr. Gore.
good comments brian.
my reaction to the movie review on "Ma Movie Blog" was to analize the problem of making that a movie instead of a straight documentary.
for eg., everyone has defining moments in his life. I certainly have and when I get my Blog back I'll reveal a couple.
One defining moment in Gores life was his son and I think he effectively, maybe not very effectively, used that trajedy to explain part of his motivation to play superman and try to save the earth.
Whether one believes in global warming or not is not so important as getting ahead of the curve if it is. What if us skeptics are wrong? Hmmm, echoes of the domino theory.
I once heard the loco Jim Bob say that fanatics have an answer for everything. I try to remember that every day of my life. Some will believe aliens are landing, some think overpopulation is "population rich" while there are those of us who choose to think for themselves and do the research.
What I think is not important. What I do is important and at this point I feel like a very small animal and do nothing but wait in my hole for some mysterious creature to stick a carrot down in it and try to ignore the small animals that mysteriously dissappear.
There is some intreaging information coming from the ice cores coming out of Greenland. I bet you'd find that interesting.
At any rate, warming or not, I have new and greater respect for Mr. Gore.
well my computer skills continue to reveal themselves. somehow I posted two of the above.
I suppose there were three things in my life I never mastered. The computer, speling and electricity.
I'm enclosing my back porch this summer and that is a lot of fun.
Unlike you, I do think some are so stubborn that they would let the world die rather than change their behavior. Just as states do not always make choices that are in their best interest (greed and arrogance trump ratioanlity), so, too, planets.
I also went to www.climatecrisis.net. Learned that flying is a no-no.
Post a Comment