I give this one a Thumbs Up. I enjoyed watching it. I thought Stanley Tucci was very good. He may receive Beeb consideration. So too might Meryl Streep, who was also very good. I don't particularly like Anne Hatahaway, though she didn't do anything here to make me like her less. I also thought Emily Blunt was good. I think the title of the movie was quite apropos. I think Streep played the seductive "evil" role very well. Hathaway got caught in the what do you do to succeed dilemma without even realizing it. The compromises she made to advance seemed mild at first, "I'm just doing this for a year so I can get somewhere else", and gradually became more and more significant as her closeness to Streep's character changed her more and more. I think the Devilish idea was a good one. I thought the ending fell short of this, though. It seems like a different ending would have had more verite. But, other than that, I liked this movie and think it's worth seeing.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
The Devil Wears Prada
I give this one a Thumbs Up. I enjoyed watching it. I thought Stanley Tucci was very good. He may receive Beeb consideration. So too might Meryl Streep, who was also very good. I don't particularly like Anne Hatahaway, though she didn't do anything here to make me like her less. I also thought Emily Blunt was good. I think the title of the movie was quite apropos. I think Streep played the seductive "evil" role very well. Hathaway got caught in the what do you do to succeed dilemma without even realizing it. The compromises she made to advance seemed mild at first, "I'm just doing this for a year so I can get somewhere else", and gradually became more and more significant as her closeness to Streep's character changed her more and more. I think the Devilish idea was a good one. I thought the ending fell short of this, though. It seems like a different ending would have had more verite. But, other than that, I liked this movie and think it's worth seeing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Have you read the book? I have not - our book club got 2 or 3 success at what price books and I burnt out.
No, I haven't either.
Post a Comment