Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Catching up

OK, so it has been a while since I blogged my movies. I have been quite busy, what with a trip to Chicago and finishing up the school semester. I have seen three movies in that time (actually two, but I had forgotten about one I saw before). They were all plain. So, I will include them all at once.

I give Waist Deep a Thumbs Down. Until I saw the poster again, I couldn't remember what the protagonist looked like. What a yawner of a movie. Decent action. Straight line story. But, it wasn't like I hated it. I just wasn't noticeable. Forgettable even.





Monster House gets a Wobbly Thumbs Up. Olivia and Hanna seemed to like it, though it was certainly scarier than I anticipated. They did not seem to be scared by it, laughing their heads off during one of the most scary moments. It seemed to be aimed at 11 or 12 year old boys. But, it was ok. A little better than ok, but not much.



Miami Vice gets a Wobbly Thumbs Up. I like Colin Farrell. I like Jamie Foxx. I liked Gong Li's performance in Memoirs of a Geisha. They were all subpar in this movie. Colin Farrell and Gong Li struggled mightily with their dialogue, Farrell with his accent, Li with her English. Foxx was a bit non descript. But, the story line was fun, I liked the action, though it was fairly graphic periodically. I enjoyed it. But it was not so great a movie.

No comments: