Thursday, March 01, 2007
Welcome Back!
Well, I think I'm back. I am going to be implementing a new format for the blog. You may notice that the boxing items have been removed from the bar to your left. I am in the process of creating a new blog for the boxing stuff and I will include a link to it in the near future. Instead, I will be putting up the movies that I watch and where they rate in that section. It will start over after the award season. On the right, you will see an added section for trailers that I've seen in the theater and whether I give them a thumbs up or thumbs down. I haven't seen a movie in the theater since I put that bar there, so there is nothing in it. But there will be. Also, I intend to chagne the way I post on this blog, only writing about movies if I feel like there is something to write about. In the near future, maybe tomorrow, I will be announcing nominees for the Beebs. They will be awarded shortly thereafter. So, if your reading this, I guess I would consider you a faithful viewer. Glad to have you back. Glad to be back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Woo hoo!
Format suggestions:
1) When you start over after awards season, move the previous season's ratings into a post that we can link to (in one of the main-page columns).
2) Use a different color for potential Beeb noms (bold is hard to see).
3) I like the trailer rating idea.
Could V for Vendetta be the first film to receive the Best Picture award from both the Beeb and the Steeb Academies?
I'm glad you liked Intermission and look forward to seeing some of its actors honored with noms.
I was surprised that there was some wobble in your Queen thumb.
You liked The Departed, Blood Diamond, The Last King of Scotland, and Mission Impossible: III a lot more than I did.
And I liked The DaVinci Code, Memoirs of a Geisha and United 93 a lot more than you did. Not enough evidence for a pattern, but something to look out for.
Will do on the ratings.
And I agree about the bold, I will make that change when I can. And, as yiou can now see, V did get a nom. So it could be. Helen Mirren is another possible double.
Another suggestion: make the movie titles in the left-hand columns links to reviews, on metacritic.com, for example, or Entertainment Weekly, if you prefer.
Post a Comment