Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Borat


Well, I broke what had been a fairly long movie drought for me by going to see Borat. Perhaps it wasn't the best choice to break my fast. Like going off a hunger strike by eating brussel sprouts. I like brussel sprouts, but if I haven't eaten in a long time, I think I want something else. I laughed a lot in Borat. I also covered my eyes on a couple of occasions. The church scene was one. I enjoyed seeing the dope at the rodeo looking like an ass. I hope his friends and neighbors see him and figure out that he is a loser. The wrestling scene was superbly coreographed and gave a lot of respect for Sacha Baron Cohen, who clearly goes all in for his roles. The "story" was not that great, but the scenes were fantastic. I saw it in a theater who had just changed from one of my staple theaters to a cheap knockoff of a staple, going from AMC to Starplex. I am irritated about that. So, in a questionable environment, in a questionable mood, I think the fact that I still give it a Wobbly Thumbs Up speaks volumes.

5 comments:

Steve said...

The dope at the radio . . . I'm drawing a blank. A little help?

ervierto said...

I don't think there was a guy at the radio... what are you talking about?

Anonymous said...

Radio! The trainer of a football team doppy.
loco coyote (eatabus anythingus)

Compromise Till Death said...

Donde esta Breeannn? Is this "Brians" song, a song I have written several times, but recovered from the unfair bad reviews, and marched forward, with a disdane flare for the un-witty. the don't know it alls, and the other ones I can't think of, for, I must carry on to carry the "carry on" flag for all us low down lying dirty yankee dogs like the Mangy coyote, for as we say, "I don't think about much, but what I think about is important to me, beer, T.V and my pick-up truck". (Musical bars)

the loco coyote, (eatabus anythingus)

rnr said...

I am eager to see Borat and sorry I missed it at the theater. I am surprised, with all the hype, not to see it nominated. I still love the awards and am sooo glad that I will have someone to watch them with this year. Jen is coming for six months and will be here next Thurs. Can't wait!