
I give this a Good. I liked this movie a lot. I thought it was fun. I enjoyed watching it. I thought the dialogue was well written. I enjoyed Josh Hartnett being a nitpicking wiseacre, as I enjoy playing those legalistic speech games myself. I enjoyed watching Ben Kingsley, even if he sturggled with his New Yawk accent. I thought Lucy Liu played her character very well. Watch for Liu and Hartnett as potential noms on Beeb night. I also thought the story was a good one. Although I think we have gotten to the point as a movie going audience where we expect plot twists at the end, I am still not disappointed by them, nor do I find them cliche, though I expect some of my more critical fellows might. Bruce Willis was back to playign his hardass self after a pleasant turn in 16 Blocks, but that was OK. Morgan Freeman was pleasant, though not vital. Put it all together and I thought this was a good bit of escapist, keep your mind active, kind of fun.

3 comments:
Ebert liked Brick but didn't like Lucky Number Slevin. Roeper went the other way. Maybe I will, too. I had decided not to see it, but I am starting to get curious, especially since you say there may be a couple of Beebnoms here. Ebert said he thought the ending was lame. Roeper enjoyed the performances (esecially the performance of Ben Kingsley--who showed up on The Sopranos last night). But it will probably be out on DVD and maybe even on cable before next year's awards season, so maybe I'll catch it then. My top to-see film right now is L'Enfant, which won the Palme d'Or at Cannes this year (Fahrenheit 9/11 won last year).
wiseacre--we don't say this enough.
I don't think I have heard of L'Enfant.
Post a Comment