Opening Day in the land of MLS. I have high hopes entering the season. I have seen one place pick FC Dallas to finish fourth in the division, I have seen another pick them to finish in the top three, but for some reason, I am slightly more optimistic. I have no idea why. This is my first journey to my actual season ticket location. Mom is the only one who went to the game with me, though I had four other tickets. (Olivia had a sleepover that night which she would have been late for had she gone. Otherwise, she most certainly would have gone with me also.) So, we get there just a little before kickoff and march down to our seats which are on the front row on the endline.

They are fantastic seats. I may have said before all of the sightlines in Pizza Hut Park are amazing, but these here are certainly great. The game is a good one also. Chicago scores first and somewhere about that time I realize I am wearing my Chicago Cubs bucket hat accidentally. I'll have to be more careful in the future. FC Dallas scores to tie it up and it looks like we are going to have a barnburner. Carlos Ruiz, our Guatemalan goalscorer misses a

couple of bicycle kicks, but it's pretty cool to see the attempts. Then, Chicago scores again to take the lead 2-1. Shortly
thereafter, Arturo Alvarez inexplicably fires from way outside and catches the Chicago goalkeeper sleeping, scoring to tie it up. Not long after that Kenny Cooper, a graduate of Dallas Jesuit high school, cut last summer from Manchester United's B-league team and signed by FC Dallas enters his first MLS game. We have been watching him warm up for most of halftime and the first part of the second half not five yards from us. Approximately ten minutes after entering his first

game, he scores his first goal to put FC Dallas ahead. It turns out to be the winning goal, FC Dallas 3 - Chicago Fire 2. Great night, great game. Next up: Real Salt Lake.
3 comments:
Glad you went back to pick up this account. Question: if you have 2 season tickets, why did you have four other tickets to this game?
I think you need to start clicking some photos into these soccer event accounts.
I would love to start adding photos here, but I cannot find photos to add. At least not photos of the events. I will do some more searching next time. As for the other tickets, when I bought six tickets to the US vs. Guatemala game, the four extras I bought came with tickets to the opener. Ironic that only one person went with me to each of those two games.
Post a Comment