Tuesday, November 28, 2006
MLS Cup
For the second year in a row, I was able to attend the MLS Cup, as it was held at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, TX. Once again, I enjoyed myself. I was accompanied by Mom, Dad, Lisa, Melissa, Lyndsae, Olivia, Coach Steve, and Cousin Dustin. This was quite an impressive group, as it was Sunday and there was football on. Once again, thanks to my ticket guy Monroe, our tickets were very good. 4th row endline, just above where my season tickets are. We got there a little early and Steve, Olivia, and I went to check out the MLS experience. As was the case at the All Star game in Chicago, this was less than impressive, though we did stand in line for a very long time to get in and I did get Richard Mulrooney's autograph. Other than that, it was a bit lame. The game though, was good. Somewhat disappointed by the absence of Dallas, I was further let down when Freddy Adu and DC United fell to New England in the Eastern Conference Semis. So, we had New England playing Houston. As a faithful Texan, I elected to root for Houston, as were most of the orange-clad crowd. There was not a whole lot of action through most of the game, with the play staying mainly in the middle of the field. In fact, it was tied at 0-0 when time expired, leading us into overtime. In OT, it looked like everything was done when New England scored on our end, but on the following kickoff, almost before we could sit down, Brian Ching fielded a long kick and drilled it into the back of the net to tie the game. It was stunning. And it took us to penalty kicks. Which, as you know, is quite exciting. And, once again, it came down to the last kick, with Houston able to convert and take the win. Good times for all, and no punching. This was the end of the US soccer season, but the European soccer season is gearing up. Hoepfully next year will net another set of season tickets. I can only hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment