Tuesday, November 28, 2006

For Your Considerations


Breaking a long movie drought, I give this a Wobbly Thumbs Up. I liked it. I laughed several times. I think it was not as good as the other Guest movie I have seen all of, A Mighty Wind. I really liked the job done by Parker Posey, who never fails to bring it all to these movies. I also really like Fred Willard and Jane Lynch and they were funny. Harry Shearer was good but not great. Catherine O'Hara was also good, though her best moments were courtesy of a fine makeup department. All in all, this was a good movie. I am glad I saw it and I am glad to have supported Guest and his bunch. I thought the story was a bit too short and straightline (running time 86 minutes). I wish there had been more. But, as a first movie back, I can't complain too much.

No comments: