
OK, I saw Munich on Thursday. I think I will give it a Good. I walked out of the theater thinking it was very ordinary. I thought it was a pretty straight line story that was not particularly suspenseful or "taut". I wondered what all of the fuss was about. Upon further reflection, though, thinking about what it was supposed to be about, I decided it was a story about the cycle of violence. It was about how violence just creates more and more violence, both on a personal level and on a national level. The more I thought about it, the better I decided the movie was. I thought the acting was very good. I thought Eric Bana was good and I thought his compatriots were also very good. (I thought Daniel Craig particularly personified the loser war monger well.) I still think it was a pretty straight line story, and I think selling it as a taut thriller is a bit misleading. But I think it was good. And there you have it.

3 comments:
I think I would like to see it. I'm interested in the "cycle of violence" you describe. But, I think I may wait for it on Netflix. Was there anything that was particularly enhanced by the theater experience?
Not so much, no. I mean, explosions are cool in big theatres, but that is not really what drives the movie. I think Netflix would be fine.
Yeah, Netflix baby.
Post a Comment